Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So far so good, sticking to my plan

The month of July trading the ER was brutal. However, using TradeLogger kept me away from over a $2,000 loss that month. I had loss of about $450 that month, but it certainly could have been a lot worse. In August I switched over to trading the mini Dow and because of the whippiness of the market I experienced a lot of stop outs, but again, TradeLogger has had me sim trading many of those losing trades. So far, the mini Dow I would have been down -$2,177, but instead I'm only down -$418 which is a nice savings. The import thing for me though is that I am sticking to my trading plan, only trading the signals that are valid, not deviating from my rules about trade management and using TradeLogger and obeying it's signals. So for that, it has been a successful August, even though I'm down a bit. More to come.

No comments:

TradeLogger - equity curve management

TradeLogger is a FREE program that helps day traders and swing traders minimize the drawdown in their equity. Close to 2,000 traders are now utilizing TradeLogger's easy-to-use interface to log their trades' profit and loss and receive a clear, consise signal whether their next trade needs to be a LIVE trade or a SIM trade. This is all based on how well their equity curve is performing.

The benefit of this program is it saves you capital when your trading performance experiences periods of drawdown while in a losing slump, whether it's due to the skill of the trader, or just lack of follow through from the market due to market mechanics.
You can download at www.TradeLogger.net.